Ways to Generate Leads for your Business with Digital Marketing :
This is a million-dollar question for business owners, CEO, Directors, Startup companies, freelancers, and other service providers. Reaching out to more customers and generating more leads for a business is the goal of every business. The above question is a puzzle if you think and perform the task in a complicated way, now here comes the answer to the above puzzle.
Here are some ways to generate Leads from Digital marketing channels:
How to generate leads & grow your business revenue with Digital Marketing?
When we spent some budget on our advertisement through online marketing channels then we can get instant results in lesser time. Here through paid ads, you can target your customers according to their demography, age, gender, location, and interests.
You can perform paid ads through Google Ads, Facebook Ads, LinkedIn Ads, Twitter Ads, Instagram Ads. Now you have understood the channels to be used for promoting your products/services. Let us know the pros and cons of the above mentioned different types of ads individually.
Google Ads is the highly-rated as well as the most reliable source for generating leads for any business category. It is one of the best online advertising platforms by Google.
Do you know?
Google ads are the number one advertising network in the world.
You are already knowing the fact that if we have any query/question then we just type in Google, nearly everyone is using Google for their daily search queries.
Top Benefits of Google AdWords:
- Increase Brand Awareness.
- Faster Result Than Search Engine Optimization(SEO)
- Outranking your Competitors within few seconds
- Influence the audience to make them take action or purchase. …
- Increase brand visibility to the High-Quality audience quickly who are looking for your product /service on google
- Monitor your ads and test it,
- Launch the best performing ads after doing A/B testing
- You can create campaign Strategies Based On Users’ Demographics.
- Schedule The Ads To Reach The Audiences at the right time.
- Set your daily budget according to your ad spend,
- Increase traffic on your sites,
- The number of clicks means increasing the conversion rates,
- Measure your ad,
- You have full control over your ad,
- It can be started with even 2 dollars in the beginning
Cons of Google ads:
- You have to pay for clicks only, no matters if the user takes your product or services.
- It is very costly when you compare it with other platforms,
- Competitors can also click on ads, to exhaust your budget,
- Bidding of most competitive keywords is very high.
- If you have no budget then your ads will not run,
- There are some limitations of google ads,
- The landing page must be professional otherwise you will lose customers.
- You can run Google ads by own, but you cannot measure it an then optimize it,
- Sometimes Balance can be exhausting fastly,
- Google ads professional is required to get maximum ROI out of your Adspent.
Tips for optimizing Google Ads:
- Make Keyword research regularly and wisely using the Google keyword planner.
- Also use keyword match types wisely, phrase match, or an exact match.
- Make highly converting mobile-friendly landing pages with a proper call to action.
- Monitor your ads campaign regularly will help you in its optimization.
- Show ads at the right time after getting results.
- Exclude the locations from the ads where you are getting lesser conversions.
- Focus on the quality score of ads.
- Carefully select the bidding of keywords.
- Remove duplicate keywords.
- Remove underperforming ads and ad copies.
- Eliminate keywords that aren’t giving click/conversions or low search volumes, similarly expand keywords that are giving results
- Split test or A/B testing and creating new variations.
2. Facebook Ads
Facebook is the number one social media channel in the world. Facebook ads are no. 2 most popular ads when it comes to advertising your product or services through online marketing. According to an estimate, if we assume facebook as a country then it might be the third-largest country in the world. So almost everyone is there, from 18 years old boy/girl to 80-year-old uncle/aunty. You might be wondering why I have mentioned age cycle above, it’s just because we can target people according to their age group, location, interest, educational background, and another specific category. Unlike Google Ads, Facebook charges amount for impressions, i.e the number of people who see your ads.
Pros of Facebook ads :
- It is less costly than other online advertising platforms,
- It is most suited for brand awareness and customer reach,
- You can make ads within 10-20 minutes,
- You can easily get your customer’s information( name, location, number other details)
- In today’s digital world, your customers spend more time on Facebook,
- It is the most targeted form of advertising,
- You can get results instantly after launching FB ads,
- Fb ads increase website traffic,
- It is highly measurable,
- It helps in building an email list,
- It is Cost-effective ways of online advertising
Facebook is preferred over Pinterest has it has a large number of audiences.
Cons of Facebook ads :
- The Facebook advert is only good for some specific categories,
- If your Business is B2B then these ads are not for you, only good for the B2C business category,
- You can run your campaign, but when it comes to managing and optimizing then you need a Facebook ads expert.
- Only good infographic ads can give excellent results, I.e you need a graphic designer.
- It can’t give you accurate results when you compare it with Google ads.
- Conversion rates are much lesser than Google ads.
- Facebook ads are demand generation ads whereas Google ads are demand fulfillment ads i.e in Fb ads you go to your audiences but in google ads, your audience comes to you while searching for different keywords on which they are looking.
- If you are running Facebook ads without any prior experience than your cost per conversion is much higher.
- Facebook charges you for showing impressions only to the audiences which you have targeted.
Moreover, you can also run Ad on Instagram using Facebook ads, actually, there are two options in placement of ads:
Automatic Placements:(recommended if you are having a little knowledge about it) in which Facebook automatically runs your ads on its different networks which include Instagram, Facebook feeds, Facebook stories, Instagram stories, Facebook messenger, etc.
Manual placements: in which you can choose above mentioned different Facebook ads platforms according to your business category. If you are an expert in adverts than it is recommended for you.
As Instagram is a Facebook platform hence it is good for some specific business categories like fashion, jewelry, health, travel, etc.
Tips for optimizing Facebook/Instagram Ads:
- Make infographics wisely while launching ads.
- Do not try to sell directly as people are not coming on Facebook to buy something.
- Select a call to action for your ad.
- Use separate ad sets for mobile and desktop.
- Create one ad set for each topic.
- Optimize your ad schedule.
- Select the campaign objective as per your goal.
- Use Facebook pixel
- Monitor your ads and optimize them for more conversions.
3. NAP(Name, Address & Phone number)
As the name suggests NAP refers to listing your products or services to the various local businesses like Google My Business, Yahoo My Business, Bing business profiling along with local listings of your business on various directories such as Just Dial, Sulekha, Yellow pages, Ask Laila, Indiamart, Trade India, Grotal, Quikr, Olx and other directories, as these sites allow you to make your business profile by just submitting your name, address, and phone number. These directories will not only help in your branding but with these directories, you can also get some inquiries (Leads) for your business. Domain authority (DA) and page authority of these sites are much higher so it can also help in Search Engine Optimisation for your site.
4. Google my business
Do you know Google my business is one of the best NAP due to its ease of use as well as its global presence. It was started in the year 2014 by Google.
When we search for our queries or some keywords which we think of Google always shows 3 pegs map listing on the first page along with 4 google search ads in the top and 3 search ads on the bottom followed by 10 organic searches. You can make your business profile easily and claim it within a week. If your business listing is optimized then you are going to get the maximum number of inquiries related to your business I.e you can get more leads for your business. For optimizing it you just need to follow basics (fulfill everything mentioned in Gmb, your business name, number, business hours, profile picture, logo, business category, team photo, outer and inner pics of the business, fully updated information, business video, etc.).
It’s all free from Google, as your business listing will be shown on searches as well as maps. You can also post your daily updates via google posting options and don’t forget to use #tags related to your post. Add your latest business information by adding photos regularly.
Pros of Google my business :
- You need not spend a single penny in it as its free of cost.
- Easy to use GMB.
- You can get the maximum number of inquiries for your business.
- If you are running search ads then you can also add GMB listing with no extra charge and you can get maximum inquiries out of it.
- You can also make a free website with GMB listing, google has given this option with its recent updates, you can get URL – your name.business.site
Ex – If your business name is ABC then you have ABC.business.site and also it
- It is very useful for you if your business is local.
- GMB is an essential tool for the local strategy of your business.
- You can showcase a 360 degrees view of your business.
- You can showcase every aspect of your business by adding photos, videos, timings, contact numbers, business descriptions, and the latest post daily accordingly.
- It is also a source of online lead generation for your business.
- It provides useful information to the customers about your business.
Cons of Google my business :
- It takes more than 7 to 10 days for a Google my Business listing to be verified by Google and make your listing live.
- You can’t define which image you want to show on your business listing, as
- Google takes a random image from your all photos.
- If you are a new user then it will be very difficult for you to use and update it.
- If you are making a free website provided by Google as discussed above then you are getting lesser options for making your website fully functional, for making a proper website you have to buy a dedicated domain and hosting.
Tips for optimizing Google my Business Listing
- Update your full business information on your listing
- Post pictures or your business information regularly.
- Request your customers to give feedback about your business.
- Do not use fake reviews as google will penalize your listing.
- Always respond to customer reviews.
- Use local keywords for your listing
5. Email Marketing
Email is the currency of the web, and anyone online has an active email address. Using email marketing to generate leads for your organization will be very effective as it is less costly and quick. Email marketing is one of the cheapest as well as the most effective channels in digital marketing.
And on an average for every $1 spent on email marketing you can expect a return of $45. It gives maximum returns on investment.
If you are a company then you can understand the importance of email. So when it comes to connecting with your prospects and customers, there is no channel with a wider reach than email, even it outranks other social media channels.
Pros of Email Marketing?
- Best Platform: As per the survey, Email marketing outperforms SEO, PPC, and content marketing for ROI.
- Cost-effective: It is the most cost-effective way to promote products/services.
- Revenue: It increases revenue in a very cost-effective way.
- Conversions: It has better conversion rates when we compare it with other digital channels.
- Reach: It has unlimited reach for the customer.
- Mobile-Friendly: It is also mobile-friendly, which helps to grab the mobile user. (60% emails are opened on mobile)
- Profit: You can get more profit from marketing with email campaigns.
Cons of Email Marketing:
- Spam: While sending emails, most of the emails go to the spam & no one opens spam mail.
- Email List: Creating an email list is a very long term process and it is very difficult to increase your email subscribers list.
- Less Open Rates: Since most of the companies are using email marketing for the promotion, it increases mails in the inbox, hence open rates are lesser.
- Engagement: Email marketing requires constant tweaking to keep your email subscribers engaged. A person will often sign up to receive emails solely as a part of a promotion. It is difficult to keep your subscribers engaged.
- Appearance: You can create & design your email but due to the change of servers, your email may not look as similar to the one which you have made.
- Inbox: It is difficult to send emails to the inbox as in most cases emails may go to promotions or in spam.
Tips for optimizing conversions through Email-Marketing :
- Maintain the frequency of emails and do not send too many emails
- Do not send Spam emails.
- Create mobile-optimized email campaigns.
- Try to send short emails
- Use the subject line wisely to grab attention.
- Always put your number in signature while sending an email.
- Optimize your email schedule.
6. LinkedIn Ads
LinkedIn is one of the best Social Media channels for the professionals only where one can make their academic profile as well as Business Profile. Through LinkedIn you can make your company’s business profile, post jobs for your company which will help you in hiring candidates, connect with CEO’S, Directors, managing directors, Owner and other decision-makers of the organization.
LinkedIn is good only if you are targeting B2B Clients for leads generation, but for B2C Google Ads and Facebook Ads are highly recommended which we have already discussed above.
If you use engaging high-quality video ads for our brand awareness and lead generation then these ads are good to reach many customers as per your budget.
The cost per click (CPC) in LinkedIn is quite higher than Google ads and Facebook ads.
Pros of LinkedIn:
Maximize Reach for free: Through Linkedin, you can generate maximum views to your posts, videos, content for free, without running ads or boosting posts. If your content is valuable than it shows this content to maximum audiences on LinkedIn.
Make more connections than other platforms: LinkedIn now allows 30,000 connections, which is 600 percent higher than Facebook’s 5,000 make friends option. Now with LinkedIn, you can increase your organic reach by making more connections and more leads can be generated from it.
Highly Professional People: As we have already discussed it that LinkedIn is a highly professional social media channel, it is less personal than other social media channels,
Network Faster: The people who are here are typically more willing to follow or connect with you, which means you can grow your network faster.
B2B Business: If your business is defined by the B2B category, then LinkedIn is most suitable and helpful for you.
Cons of LinkedIn Ads:
Not suitable for B2C: Unlike Facebook and google linked is good for the B2B category. You rarely get good results if your business is B2C.
CPC is higher: When we start measuring cost per clicks of LinkedIn ads than its much higher than other ads campaign.
7. Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
Search Engine Optimization is the process of increasing the visibility of a website in organic searches. If your website is optimized for SEO then it will rank higher in organic searches and you will be getting the maximum number of inquiries for the keywords your website is ranking in the form of calls, inquiry form fillups, chat options, social media channels, etc. Therefore you can generate leads for your Business with SEO.
For Example- If you are having an online cake store i.e an eCommerce website and it is optimized for SEO,
If some searches buy cake online and your website appears on the first page and the user can directly place an order from your site.
When we compare SEO with Google Ads then we can say that Google Ads is like living in a rented room where you have to pay every month to the owner of the room whereas SEO is like buying a room, which means you have to make efforts once.
SEO is free whereas Google Ads are paid.
Pros of SEO:
- Free of Cost: To perform Search Engine Optimization you do not have to run any kind of paid ads. If you are having some knowledge about it then you can do it on your own but if you are not knowing anything about it then you can hire an agency or freelancer for it.
- Maximum Leads: If your website is ranking on the first page of Google then you are going to get a maximum number of inquiries in the form of calls, messages, online chat, form fill-ups, etc.
- One time Investment: You just need to hire a freelancer or an agency for it and they will rank your website within 2-4 months, which also depends on the competition in the keywords as per your business category.
- Quality Traffic: SEO can help you to give quality traffic on your site as users are coming on your site by using specific keywords as per your business.
- Brand Awareness: If your website is optimized for SEO then it will automatically help to increase your brand awareness by directing users to your site with the help of keyword ranking.
- Outrank Competition: With the help of SEO, you can outrank your competitor easily and rank your website just above your competitors.
- Increased Traffic: By optimizing your site for SEO you can automatically increase traffic on your website from different search queries by users.
Cons of SEO:
- Time Consuming: If you think that you can rank your site within a short period of time then SEO it is not for you. It usually takes 3 to 4 months or more to rank a site which further can take more time if there is more competition.
- Highly Competitive: If your business has multiple competitors i.e number of people are working on similar keywords which are highly searched keywords on SERPS then it will become very difficult to rank.
- Lack of SEO Experts: It will be very difficult for you to find out expert freelancers or agencies who work ethically. There are very few SEO Experts in the market and also there are some frauds in the market who can take your money and make you fool.
- No Guarantee for Results: In the most competitive market no one could give you a full guarantee for results, as it depends on writing quality content on the website with white hat SEO practices.
- Big Investment is Required for competitive niche: For a highly competitive niche, a big investment is required as already there is n number of competitors in the business.
- Risk of Being Penalised: If you are already ranking on a particular keyword then there is a risk that you can be penalized by the latest updates from Google.
Moreover, your site can be down at any time if you do not follow white hat SEO practices.
Yes, you can implement these seven methods to generate leads for your business with digital marketing. As a business owner, CEO, and other concerned authority, you might be wondering that there are only 7 methods for lead generation. There are more ways to generate leads which include lead generation through Inbound marketing, YouTube Channel and networking, and other offline channels. From all listed digital marketing channels you can go with Email marketing, Google my business, SEO, and thereafter you can choose the above-listed platforms accordingly. Just follow these digital marketing lead generation strategies and grow your business.
January 10, 2021
June 14, 2023
April 23, 2023